Are you flying into Los Angeles for an NFL football game at SoFi Stadium? Or driving in to enjoy a concert at the new entertainment complex in L.A.? Marina del Rey is where to stay if you’re planning to attend a game or concert at SoFi Stadium. Below are some insider tips based on our own experience going to events from MDR to SoFi Stadium.
WHERE TO STAY
Take your L.A. experience to another level and stay at one of the waterfront hotels in Marina del Rey. Marina del Rey is just 4 miles (6.4km) north of LAX Airport and conveniently located 9 miles (14.4km) from SoFi Stadium. Choose from coastal luxury resort-like accommodations or budget-friendly hotels in L.A.’s Marina. Traveling with family or pets? Many hotels in Marina del Rey are walking distance to the beach and parks with beautiful green spaces. And the waterfront restaurants are perfect for enjoying cocktails and dishes with a view. Even the pickiest eaters are happy with the variety of dining cuisine in MDR. Check out these itinerary ideas to help plan your visit.
HOW TO GET TO SOFI STADIUM FROM MDR
Inglewood Park & Go offers convenient and safe parking locations including a parking garage in the Playa Vista neighborhood next door to Marina del Rey. First, reserve a parking spot online with rates ranging from $30-$45 depending on demand. Then, purchase a round-trip shuttle ticket for $7 per person (that’s a bargain compared to stadium parking prices!). On event day, park at the Playa Vista location (Playa District: 6870 Park Terrace, Los Angeles, CA 90045). Shuttle buses will take you and your crew to SoFi Stadium every 15 minutes. They also will return to your designated parking location. Plus, the shuttles are air-conditioned and ADA compatible. Click here for more information.
Driving from MDR to SoFi Stadium? Marina del Rey is easily accessible to L.A.’s major freeways thanks to California State Route 90. This short freeway in southwestern Los Angeles links Marina del Rey to the rest of Greater Los Angeles. Depending on time of day, the following directions using CA 90 can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 35 minutes by car.
- Driving directions from MDR to SoFi Stadium: Hop on the CA 90 heading West (3 miles) and as the highway ends, turn right at West Slauson Avenue. Follow West Slauson Avenue to S. Fairfax Avenue (2.4 miles). Continue on S. Fairfax toward Inglewood (0.6 miles) – note: S. Fairfax becomes W. 64th Street. Turn right on N. La Brea Avenue (0.3 miles). Turn left at Centinela Avenue and continue for 2.6 miles. Use the left three lanes to turn left on E. Florence Avenue (0.2 miles). Turn right onto N. Prairie Avenue (0.8 miles). Turn left at E Arbor Vitae Street (0.1 miles) and then use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto District Drive. Turn right onto Touchdown Drive and follow the signs for SoFi Stadium parking.
- Parking passes are required if you’re driving your own car. For detailed SoFi Stadium parking info and to buy parking passes, visit sofistadium.com/parking-information.
Rideshare options are easily available from MDR to SoFi Stadium. There is a designated drop-off and pick-up zone. Expect surcharges and longer wait times during game days and concerts at SoFi Stadium. Click here for more details.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING INSIDE SOFI STADIUM
Clear bag policy: SoFi Stadium, like many other sports and entertainment destinations, implements a clear bag policy to provide a more secure and safe environment for all events. Any backpacks and bags must comply with the following:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC and do not exceed 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches.
- Small clutch bags approximately the size of a hand (4”x6”), with or without a handle or strap.
- A one-gallon resealable plastic storage bag will is allowed.
If your bag(s) does not comply, security will ask you to bring the item(s) back to your vehicle or take them to a designated back check area for a $20 fee.
other THINGS TO KNOW before you go
SoFi Stadium Tours are a thing! Get a behind the scenes 60-minute guided tour starting at $39 per person. Upgrade for additional access such as field access, locker room access and running through the tunnel. Click here to buy SoFi Stadium Tour tickets. Note: this tour can be done any time during the year!
Cashless Transactions: Did you know SoFi Stadium is a cashless facility? This means cash will not be accepted if you’re buying any merchandise, food and drinks. SoFi Stadium accepts all major credit cards, debit cards and methods of mobile pay are accepted. You can also find “Cash To Card Kiosks” inside SoFi Stadium on Level 4 South inside SoFi Social or the Upper American Airlines Plaza.
Water Bottles are allowed if it is one factory sealed water bottle (16.9 oz or less) per guest. You can also bring in an empty non-metal reusable bottle.
WiFi: Yes, free Wi-Fi is available on the #SoFiStadium network. Make sure your phone is charged for those obligatory selfies and videos!