Fall in MDR: 10 Fun Things to Do
Fall in MDR means less tourists, traffic and sometimes, sweet deals and savings! While the sun mostly shines during autumn months, Marina del Rey offers plenty of fun things to do. Check out our top 10 things to do this fall in MDR.
BY THE WATER
1. Pumpkin spice and everything nice! Savor fall dishes and drinks at waterside restaurants in the Marina. Want a cozy fire pit vibe? Check them out here. Looking for date night ideas? Try DineLA Restaurant Week and choose from waterfront restaurants in the Marina.
2. Watch an outdoor movie by the beach. The free Sunday Movies on the Lawn at Jamaica Bay Inn feature family-friendly films under the stars. Click here to view the movie schedule.
3. Rent bikes and cruise along the 22-mile Marvin Braude Coastal Trail. Click here for the map.
4. Nosh on food truck fare at Beach Eats on Thursdays, 5-9 p.m. at Lot #11 on Panay Way and Via Marina. Click here for more information.
5. Experience an interactive Marina Drum Circle on Sundays at picturesque Burton Chace Park at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Click here for more information.
6. Walk around the Marina to explore the fall foliage at areas like the Oxford Basin, South Jetty, Fisherman’s Village and along the Burke Walk Promenade.
ON THE WATER
7. Hop aboard a Cocktail Cruise during the week or brunch or dinner cruise on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Book here.
8. Check out fun Halloween-themed events like the inaugural Halloween Boat Parade or the Halloween sunset paddle and costume contest. Click here for the events calendar.
9. Play on the water: rent a kayak, paddleboard, jet-ski or rock your Halloween costume on a thrilling parasail adventure. Book a whale watching or deep-sea fishing excursion for a fun day on the sea! Click here for more on-the-water activities.
10. Book a private chartered yacht for a sunset sail or sunset cruise. Click here to view the boat rentals and yacht charter directory.
If you need more ideas, click here to see free things to do in Marina del Rey. And if you’re visiting and want to explore what’s nearby, click here.