Valentine’s Day in Marina del Rey means celebrating love and loved ones. Cue the heart-shaped boxes and chocolate-covered everything! And somehow, doesn’t it seem like it’s just around the corner?
Whether you love or loathe February 14, we know that Valentine’s, Galentine’s or Palentine’s in Marina del Rey is a perfect choice for anyone planning to give the gift of an experience. Read on to see our list of 24 ways to celebrate in Marina del Rey:
1. Book a sunset sailing trip for you and your significant other(s) or besties.
2. Everyone can use a little vitamin “sea!” Enjoy kayaking around the marina together. Rentals available at Marina “Mother’s” Beach through PROSup Shop or Marina del Rey Boat Rentals located at Fisherman’s Village.
3. Go on a deep-sea fishing adventure with MDR Sportfishing.
4. Or go on a whale-watching and wildlife tour out in the open seas. February is one of the prime months for seeing whales in the Pacific as they migrate North.
5. Rent bikes and ride to Venice or Santa Monica from the Marina. Stop and enjoy smoothies from The Cow’s End or Cafe Buna along Washington Boulevard. Feeling brave? Try one of the workout machines at the original Muscle Beach located along the famous Venice Boardwalk.
6. Go paddleboarding together; you get a free lesson with PROSup Shop on the calm coves of Marina “Mother’s” Beach. Keep an eye out for sea lions hanging out in the marina. After your paddleboarding adventure, walk up to Beachside and enjoy a meal outside facing the harbor.
7. Learn to sail at the UCLA Recreation Center. After passing a class, you will become eligible to rent boats (of the type specific to your class) from their facility during open rental hours. Looking for a unique gift for your loved one? Buy a gift certificate for sailing courses (for both sailboats and power boats) through companies like Blue Pacific Yachting.
8. Reserve a firepit table on the patio at The Ritz-Carlton’s Marina del Rey signature restaurant, Cast & Plow, overlooking the California sunset. Bonus: the patio is pet-friendly, too!
9. Go on a dinner cruise with City Cruises and dance the night away under the stars.
11. Walk around Fisherman’s Village, then have cocktails and dinner on the patio at Whiskey Red’s. Sunset views are spectacular from their patio.
12. For a truly California experience, make reservations for outdoor patio seating at SALT Restaurant & Bar.
14. Start with a relaxing gift of a couples massage at newly renovated Sisley Spa.
15. Book a weekend getaway at any of the waterfront hotels and ask for marina views–don’t forget to order room service!
16. Charter a private yacht with a chef and head into Santa Monica Bay and impress your date with a sunset sail and dinner. Or if you prefer land, head to a special Valentine’s Day dinner at waterfront restaurants such as Brizo Bar and Restaurant, Cast & Plow, Beachside or SALT Restaurant & Bar. Reservations highly recommended!
Galentine’s Getaway Experiences
18. Bring your own food and drink aboard an electric duffy boat rental. Putt around the marina with your girlfriends.
20. Get some retail therapy on Abbot Kinney Blvd. and then relax on the patio of SALT Restaurant & Bar for some cocktails overlooking the sparkling water.
21. Book facials or massages at Sisley Spa, then relax, catch up and stay poolside at The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey.
22. Book a suite at waterfront hotels for you and your best gal pal to enjoy some much needed “me-time!”
23. Relax at 12Twelve Nail Bar with a manicure and pedicure, including a neck massage. Then, walk out to the harbor and take in the views at the Boardwalk Shops.
24. Order your favorite latte or cappucino from Alfred’s coffee and stroll along the waterfront while you catch up with your best girlfriend.