PLAN YOUR CALIFORNIA TRIP
Welcome to Marina del Rey, a seaside community in Los Angeles conveniently located just four miles (6.4km) north of Los Angeles World Airport (LAX) in a beautiful area known as the Los Angeles Westside. During your visit, you’ll discover on-the-water adventure, stunning sunsets, and waterfront restaurants with breathtaking views of luxurious yachts, sailboats, and sea lions.
Rejuvenation, Celebration, and Inspiration await you in L.A.’s Marina! We’ll see you soon!
With near-perfect weather in Los Angeles, you have everything you need to enjoy the California lifestyle any time of year.
What can you do in Marina del Rey?
- Cherish quality time in Marina del Rey with your friends and family on a chartered yacht or dinner cruise.
- Bond with your children while kayaking and exploring the harbor.
- Or experience the beauty of nature on a whale watching or sportfishing excursion.
- Prefer land? Pedal your way around the paved bike path that wraps around the Marina and beach.
Our distinctive hotels offer waterfront views and are within walking distance to the Marina, beaches, and restaurants. While here, you can venture out to nearby attractions in Beverly Hills, (13.8miles/22km), Universal Studios (26miles/42km), or Disneyland (38miles/61km) and return back just in time for a beautiful Marina sunset.
Click the button to view itinerary ideas including where to eat, stay and play in this idyllic seaside community.View WebSite
A visit to California isn’t complete without staying in hotels along the Pacific coast. Marina del Rey offers resort-like hotels all within walking distance to the waterfront and restaurants. Visitors are within a short drive to LA’s popular tourist attractions such as the world-famous Santa Monica Pier, Hollywood Walk of Fame or Disneyland.
Want to be on the beach, just steps from the sand? Stay at the Jamaica Bay Inn, Tapestry Collection by Hilton.
Do you prefer incredible views and a luxurious resort experience? Book a suite at The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey.
Need an extra room with its own kitchenette? Check into the new Residence Inn Marina del Rey.
Click button to learn more about all of the hotel accommodations in Marina del Rey.View WebSite
The Marina’s restaurant scene is popular with locals and visitors who enjoy eating and drinking by the sea.
Why eat in Marina del Rey?
- The Marina’s varied cuisine can satisfy every palate. From seafood and sushi to California coastal and international, visitors savor tasty food and drinks while enjoying the waterfront any time of day.
- Because the Marina is only 1.5 square miles/ 3.9 square km, half of which is underwater, it’s easy to reach restaurants and hotels by walking, riding a scooter or bike (many hotels rent them to guests), or hopping on the free Circuit electric shuttle
- Being close to the beach offers a relaxed restaurant scene, so there’s no need to wear a coat and tie. Just bring your appetite and camera for Insta-worthy sunset views.
Click button for the Marina del Rey restaurant guide.View WebSite
Thrill-seekers, fitness enthusiasts and outdoor lovers will find the perfect blend of wellness and adventure in L.A.’s Marina.
What are some fun on-the-water things to do in Marina del Rey?
- Rent a boat with your family and friends for a sunset sail to Malibu.
- Hold a yoga pose on a paddleboard.
- Relax at Los Angeles’ only waterfront saltwater pool at The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey.
- Dance under the stars on a public dining cruise.
Click button to read more about your seaside adventures.View WebSite
Maps and Brochures
Marina del Rey is conveniently located along the Pacific coast, just four miles (6.4km) north of Los Angeles World Airport (LAX) and four miles south of Santa Monica.
The Marina’s proximity to world renowned visitor attractions and easy access to major freeways makes Marina del Rey an ideal destination for visitors, whether traveling for business or pleasure.
Do I need a car to travel while staying in Marina del Rey?
- The Marina is walkable with promenades that meander around the waterways.
- You can also rent bicycles or scooters to get around.
- The free electric shuttle Circuit runs daily from 12:30-9 p.m. Download the app to schedule your ride.
- If you plan to visit other neighborhoods in Los Angeles, there are various public transportation options including Big Blue Bus, Metro Rail, or Rideshare. Click here to view more info on transportation.
Click button to view area maps and brochures.View WebSite
Beyond the Marina: Los Angeles Attractions
L.A.’s world-class attractions is just a short drive away from Marina del Rey. From museums and theme parks to famous shopping streets and selfie-worthy landmarks, it’s easy to get anywhere in L.A. from the Marina because of its convenient location along the coast and near freeways that lead to tourist attractions.
Distance to famous spots from L.A’s Marina:
- Santa Monica Pier (5 miles/8 km)
- Abbott Kinney (1 mile/1.6 km)
- Malibu Pier (15 miles/24 km)
- The J. Paul Getty Museum (13 miles/21 km)
- Rodeo Drive (12 miles/19 km)
- Hollywood & Highland (28 miles/45 km)
- Universal Studios (25 miles/41 km)
- SoFi Stadium (10 miles/16.5 km)
- Long Beach’s Aquarium of the Pacific (28 miles/45 km)
- Knotts Berry Farm (36 miles/57 km)
- Six Flags Magic Mountain (40 miles / 65 km)
- Disneyland (41 miles/66 km)
And after a busy day of exploring, there’s no better place to come back to than any of the Marina’s waterfront hotels, all of which offer sparkling harbor views. Click button to read about popular Los Angeles tourist attractions near Marina del Rey.View WebSite