Solo Weekend Getaway
A solo weekend getaway to Marina del Rey is the best way to recharge your body and mind. This seaside hamlet along the California coast provides fresh air, wide open spaces and a feeling of safety for those traveling solo. When you need to escape the hustle of real life, L.A.’s Marina is the perfect coastal retreat.
Solo Travel Itinerary Ideas
- Waterfront restaurants in the marina are perfect for taking in sunset views. Reserve a firepit table during sunset at spots such as Beachside at Jamaica Bay Inn, Cast & Plow at The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey or SALT Restaurant & Bar. Time: Up to you
- Walk or catch a ride on Circuit, the electric shuttle, to the Marina del Rey Saturday Farmers Market and taste locally grown produce from certified growers. Time: 2 hours
- Spend a morning on a kayak or stand-up paddleboard with hourly rentals available through Marina del Rey Boat Rentals and Pro SUP Shop. Time: 2-3 hours
- Challenge yourself and try a yoga class on a paddleboard with YOGAqua; group and private lessons offered year-round. Time: 2 hours
- Enjoy retail therapy at Waterside at Marina del Rey. This open-air mall features upscale chain stores and services, health food eateries and a supermarket. Time: Up to you
- Check out Venice next door on foot or bike. Daniel’s Bicycle Rentals in Fisherman’s Village rents by the hour, so you can enjoy a quick ride on a segment of the Marvin Braude Coastal Bike Trail. Time: Up to you
- Seeking thrills? Soar up to 800 feet above the Pacific with Marina del Rey Parasailing for an unforgettable adventure. Time: 3 hours
- Burton Chace Park is your go-to spot to laze the day away. The green space has a perimeter walking path with views of passing sailboats and other watercraft. This is a popular spot for picnics and sunset-worthy photo opportunities. Time: Up to you
- If you’re in town between May-September, grab some nosh from popular food trucks at Beach Eats, a weekly food truck event held at Lot #11 on Panay Way and Via Marina. Time: 1-2 hours
- Treat yourself to a spa treatment at Sisley Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey for a solo weekend getaway in L.A.’s Marina.