WEEKEND ITINERARY FOR COUPLES
Look no further than Marina del Rey for a couples weekend getaway. The hidden gem located along Southern California’s coastline is chock-full of things to do for couples ranging from low-key to adventurous. Plus, most hotels and restaurants feature open-air patios and incredible views of the harbor–not to mention spectacular sunsets.
WEEKEND GETAWAY IDEAS FOR COUPLES
- Check-in to your waterfront hotel and take in the relaxing views of the water from your room or suite.
- Pop down for a refreshing drink overlooking the marina at your hotel’s on-site restaurants such as Beachside at Jamaica Bay Inn, Cast & Plow at The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey or SALT Restaurant & Bar at Marina del Rey Hotel. Time: Up to you
- Walk or catch a ride on Circuit, the electric shuttle, to any of the waterfront restaurants for a memorable dinner while watching a spectacular sunset show. Whiskey Red’s, Sapori Italian or Tony P’s are just some local favorites. Time: Up to you
- Feeling adventurous? Rent a kayak, jet-ski or stand-up paddleboard to explore the marina. Check out Marina del Rey Boat Rentals or PROSup Shop. Time: 2-3 hours
- Book your own private yacht with a skipper for a half-day cruise along the Pacific coastline. Bring a little bubbly to liven things up! Click here for a list of yacht charters. Time: 4-8 hours
- Looking for low-key? Lounge at your hotel pool with a cocktail or soak up some rays at Marina “Mother’s” Beach. Time: Up to you
- Book a champagne brunch or dinner cruise with City Cruises. Cozy up with your sweetheart as your meal is served at your own private table along with a glass of bottomless champagne. Fresh air and music entertainment are just what you need to celebrate your getaway. Time: 4 hours
- Daniel’s Bicycle Rentals in Fisherman’s Village offers hourly rentals, so you can enjoy a quick ride on a segment of the Marvin Braude Coastal Bike Trail, or just pedal around the Marina and explore nearby Venice. Time: Up to you
- Walk or take Circuit, the free electric shuttle, to discover creative shops, art galleries and restaurants on Abbot Kinney Boulevard in nearby Venice. Time: 3-4 hours
- Get pampered with a couples massage through Sisley Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey. Ask for a massage poolside and after your treatment, lounge at the saltwater pool with incredible marina views! Time: 3-4 hours
- R&R during a weekend getaway for couples means you order room-service or head to brunch at your leisure. Enjoy brunch on the outdoor patio at Whiskey Red’s where calming views of the harbor go well with a cup of joe.
- Click here to read our list of 20 Things To Do for Couples if you’re looking for more ideas!